GS III: Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
GS II: Welfare schemes for the vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre & States and the performance of these schemes.
Flight of the Common Man
- UDAN – Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik
- Objective is to ensure affordability, connectivity, growth and development.
- Who stands to benefit?
- Citizens would get the benefit of affordability, connectivity and more jobs. The Centre would be able to expand the regional air connectivity and market.
- The state governments would reap the benefit of development of remote areas, enhance trade and commerce and more tourism expansion.
- For incumbent airlines there was the promise of new routes and more passengers.
- For start-up airlines there is the opportunity of new, scalable business.
- Airport operators will also see their business expanding as would original equipment manufacturers.