GS II: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
Centre to raise with U.S. Non-Tariff barriers.
Curbs affecting exports of goods made in India
- What are sanitary & phyto-sanitary trade barriers?
- All countries maintain measures to ensure that food is safe for consumers, and to prevent the spread of pests or diseases among animals and plants.
- These sanitary and phytosanitary measures can take many forms, such as
- requiring products to come from a disease-free area,
- inspection of products,
- specific treatment or processing of products,
- setting of allowable maximum levels of pesticide residues or
- permitted use of only certain additives in food.
- Sanitary (human and animal health) and phytosanitary (plant health) measures apply to domestically produced food or local animal and plant diseases, as well as to products coming from other countries.