GS II: India and its neighborhood relations.
Exim Bank to provide $15 bn credit to Asian countries
- Exim Bank (Export – Import Bank) of India will be providing Lines of Credit worth
more than $15 billion to Asian countries over the next three to four years.
- Bangladesh: $9.5 billion
- $1.6 billion for setting up a super-critical ultra thermal power plant.
- $ 2 billion for supply of buses and railway wagons.
- Sri Lanka: $3 billion
- Develop railways and water projects.
- Nepal: $1.5 billion
- Develop its transportation system.
- Myanmar: $1.5 billion
- Also plans to extend finance to Cambodia and Vietnam.